LATISSE® is the first and only FDA approved medical treatment designed for people with inadequate or not enough lashes. Clinically researched and tested, LATISSE® is a specially formulated solution that targets the growing cycle of the eyelashes, making them longer, more numerous, thicker, and darker.
If you are considering Latisse, this is what you should know:
LATISSE® was discovered when doctors and patients noticed that eyedrops for glaucoma caused the eyelashes to grow thicker, longer and darker.
Apply LATISSE® daily for 16 weeks. Do not reduce or stop application when you first notice results
- If you miss a dose, don’t try to play “catch-up.” Just apply LATISSE® the next day
- DO NOT APPLYdirectly into the eye or to the lower lid; blot excess solution with a tissue
- It is possible for hair growth to occur on other areas of your skin that LATISSE® solution frequently touches
- Only use the sterile applicator supplied with the LATISSE® kit to apply the product
- Don’t allow the tip of the bottle or applicator to touch your fingers or any other unintended surface, as contamination by common bacteria is known to cause infections
- Remove contact lenses prior to applying LATISSE® solution. Contact lenses may be reinserted 15 minutes after application
- If you get LATISSE® in your eye, do not rinse your eye. It is not expected to cause harm
- Remember, if you stop using LATISSE®, lashes will gradually return to their previous appearance
Tips for success
Think routine: Try to incorporate LATISSE® into your daily routine—for example, after you’ve washed your face and brushed your teeth, put on your LATISSE®.
Please discuss important Safety Information with your Doctor
LATISSE® can have side effects like darkening of the eyelid where LATISSE® is applied every night. There is also the possibility that it can cause hair growth in other skin areas on which it is applied, to avoid this from occurring, the manufacturer suggests blotting it off any skin other than the upper eyelids’ lash line. If you miss a dose, don’t try to play “catch-up.” Just apply LATISSE® the next day
Sources; Some information provided by Allergan.